Monday, March 1, 2010

Rejected Again

I said it in this post, and I'll say it again; I need an editor. I just got another rejection, this time to a pair of linked stories submitted to a paired anthology. I got some very nice feedback with the rejection, again implying that my writing is right on that cusp of being publishable. Really, I wonder if I'm actually just sumbitting to the wrong places. IF that's the case, what I need is an agent, not an editor, since the job of an agent is knowing which markets are right for which works.

The reason for my thoughts on agents is the following, quoted from the rejection:

"This anthology is not the right home for 'Road Mage,' but I am sure you will find one not too long from now"
Am I completely off base in saying that quote implies that my only problem is choice of market, not quality of writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment